In close cooperation with Franz Gertsch, the Swiss architects Hansueli Jörg and Martin Sturm from Langnau in Emmental designed exhibition spaces that are both striking and perfectly aligned in their function with reference to the works on display. The museum building, completed in 2002, is divided into two exposed concrete cubes, which stand at right angles to one another and surround a museum garden. The total exhibition area of some 1000 sq.mtrs. (10000 sq.ft.) is divided into five clearly proportioned rooms. With the material selection reduced to the minimum, the rooms appear as pure white cubes and stand entirely in the service of the works displayed. Apart from the exhibition rooms, there is a 50- seat artcafé at the visitors’ disposal, and a video lounge, where a documentary on Franz Gertsch is shown during the day.
Shortfilm : «Experienced Architecture»
from Matthias Popp & André Popp www.movings.de
Note: To play the shortfilm, you nedd a Browserplugin like Windows Media Player (*.wmv/*.mp4), Quicktime (*.mp4) oder Flash/Shockwave (*.swf).
Museum Franz Gertsch Burgdorf
Architects: Hansueli Jörg and
Martin Sturm from Langnau